Tuesday, September 25, 2007

sleep ... sleep ... sleep

errr.... I need to go to sleep. ....

I've just finished watching "The Red Violin". It's marvellous.

il gatto, il fratello, lo zio, un figlo, il padre, un cugino ... gosh learning languages is soooo exciting! I've looked ahead to discover that after lesson 14, I'll be able to say "My sister buys fruit everyday". I can imagine saying that a lot in Italy! It's probably a bit more useful than the phrases in my Urdu book which teaches me "my cowardly servant wouldn't go near the dead tiger", but such sentences do make the Urdu rather more interesting.

Mio padre prepara il pasticcio!

Any suggestions for phrases that will come in handy in Italy?

Sleep ... sleep ... sleep

4 comments:

Miri said...

How do I get to the radio telescope in Cagliari?

Miri said...

Make sure you get lots of sleep before going to Parkes on Friday. Keep up the Italian. I have not learnt any yet and I go to Rome in 7 weeks !

Anonymous said...

Sleep... sleep... sleep...

If it's any consollation, I am as exhausted as you are.

I tried to leave comments on Maryam's blog, but couldn't as I don't have a google account. I haven't written my blog for a while either - too much to do, too little sleep. Blogs, email, skype, facebook... too much information!

Sorry you didn't get your award. Don't go out drinking to celebrate/drown the results of the QEII thing either - you've been doing too much of that (says your Big Sister in a disapproving voice).

Things will work out! Rant away.

When are you going to Italy? When I went to Italy I spent a night sleeping on a railway station because I missed the last train to the village our youth hostel was in (which was in a castle). The station guards gave us spaghetti bolognese and mugs of hot chocolate and let us lock the door to the waiting room. I suggest you learn the Italian for "What time is the last train to ..."

Alison Hobbs said...

La notte porta consiglio, e meglio dormirci sopra!