Tuesday, September 11, 2007

5 years in Australia


I've now been in Australia for exactly five years. Gosh, what a lot has happened including losing my wife. I'm still trying to get the house in order to box up her belongings. Work today was rather fun. I still cannot seem to get down and concentrate on a paper for more than a few minutes before something comes up. Anyway, I managed to produce a few more data sets for Bill, wrote Chenni's reference, finalised the summer students and sat in a couple of meetings with Dick.
This evening was wonderful. Jonathan, Kate, Jessica, Nicole and Maureen came around to my house. We performed the Beethoven piano quintet, one of the Mendelssohn piano trios, a Schumann piano trio and the Brahms quintet.

I'm now planning to phone Sarah in the Parkes control room for a chat, clean up the house, do about 30 minutes of work and then try and be asleep before midnight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oops... I don't normally look like that. Pulled a silly face, not knowing that others would see it.

Anyway.. HELLO!

-Jonathan

Alison Hobbs said...

Hello, George, welcome to the world of blogging. I am very pleased you are doing this; once we've told people your url here, it will saves having to forward your emails and photos all around the world. Good luck with your hit stats!