Friday, September 28, 2007

Arrive in Parkes


Feeling rather good today. I woke about 5:30am, had some breakfast, packed my bag and then met David. David drove the entire way whilst I map read. We stopped for breakfast in the Wattle cafe in Blackheath, had a quick detour to see the stunning views (see photo) and then drove straight through to Parkes. The observing didn't start off well as we had very strong winds. However, David got trained and we managed a few hours of observing by the end of the day. I'm now going to study a little Italian and then get an early night. I start observing at 5:45am tomorrow.

2 comments:

Miri said...

So happy you are feeling good today and that you had a good drive to Parkes. Don't worry about me - I am doing really well. I am applying for a library job.

faith said...

What an excellent photo, and now we can imagine your journey so well! Are the Parkes kangaroos still bouncing about? Have they finished those muddy roadworks on the main road?
Will you be able to fit in a quick visit to Mt Tomah on the way back?