Sunday, September 23, 2007

A great curry!

Another interesting day. I woke up really early, had a good breakfast and then spent a large amount of time cleaning up the cupboards in the kitchen. I've moved all sorts of things around and now have a lot more space. How exciting! Before lunch I decided that I couldn't stay in the house any longer - the weather was stunning - and so went walking around North Ryde. I discovered a great Malaysian Hawker food place (which was rather unexpected). I then shopped for various items for the evening curry.

Jessica, Bob and David came around for the curry. I (with David's help) cooked a large butter chicken curry and a vegetable balti with papadums, chutney etc. Jessica and I then played some Vivaldi 'cello sonatas.

As my day was fun and enjoyable, but not incredibly exciting (the most exciting thing that happened to me today was being attacked from behind by some rather vicious magpies), I thought that I'd scan in one of my favourite photographs. This was taken when I was living near Geneva and took a trip up to Mt Blanc. There is a more serious reason for trying out my scanner. I'm going to send Maryam a large number of our photographs and want to keep an electronic copy of some of the photos that I particularly like. I'm not looking forward to going through a photo albums, but I'll have to get it done sometime!

2 comments:

Miri said...

Well done on cooking the curry. I like the photo.

Anonymous said...

i think this photo is the best one in your house. it's so cool because it just.. goes to no where.