Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bottle on the bottle-brush tree


Hooray, finally a bottle appeared on my bottle brush tree! I've had an emotional day. I started off by writing an email to M. which was horrendously hard to write and probably completely inadequate. I really hope that she's okay - she deserves a lot more luck in the next few years. By the way, if anybody (Maryam in particular) reads anything on my blog that they don't like then just ask me to remove it. It's very easy to remove some text as I keep discovering when I write a blog and then accidently delete it.

My elbow is really bad. I couldn't sleep at all last night and felt that I was going to faint a few times. Everytime I turned over I got some excruciating pain in my left arm. Work didn't go to well, but I put that down to the lack of sleep and worrying about Maryam.

In the evening, Jonathan, Kate and I cooked up some spaggetti bolognase which tasted fine (I'm still always shocked when my cooking actually is edible)! Richard then joined us to play some string quartets. We got through a Haydn quartet, followed by the complete Smetana "From My Life" quartet that mum bought us before finishing with a Mendelssohn quartet. Marcello (I think that's her name) was planning to come around to sing some Italian songs with us, but unfortunately had to finish off her paper instead. Richard invited me to go sailing on Saturday as "his dad needed some more people for his boat". Unfortunately, I'd already planned another trip and cannot make it. I'm really annoyed about this!

In the comments from a previous post mum had asked me how many instruments I now have in the house. The answer is: a quena, toy didgeridoo, electric piano, descant recorder, alto recorder, tenor recorder, viola, acoustic guitar and, of course, the 'cello.

Ciao

4 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

A comment from your grandmother: My brother Frank broke his elbow with a fall and had to have it set with pins. You should always have an injury like that X-rayed, just to check!

Unknown said...

I know that you're learning Italian so I assume that "spaggetti bolognase" is the new Italian spelling (approved by the academy).

Unknown said...

... erhu as well?

Miri said...

Don't worry about me. I am doing OK. I am more worried about you than me. Please rest your arm and don't work too hard. Look after yourself as you are very special to me.