Monday, October 15, 2007

Great ...

What a day. Woke at 3am, observed until 8am (whilst watching the rugby and doing some calibration tests), sat in the car back to Sydney (with stunning views over the mountains, crazy driving from A.), had a chocolate bar for lunch, worked for a few hours, went home (found key under a plant pot), went back out again to the City, had dinner, bought my Italian text book (which is entirely in Italian - I don't understand a word of it), bought a GPS (Faith and Mel know why!), went to my first Italian lesson (from 7:30pm to 9:30pm) and then caught the bus back home. I then played various pieces by Chopin and Bach to Sarah and am now writing my blog (at five minutes to midnight).

The Italian lesson was great fun. I'll write more about it in my next blog entry. In brief, there were five students and the teacher (a lady from Rome). She waved her hands around a lot, spoke almost entirely in Italian and taught us words like "white-board marker" (pennarello).

Tomorrow, Nicole is coming around to play some duets! On Wednesday, Joris arrives back in Sydney. On Thursday both Sarah and Max will be staying at my house.

3 comments:

Miri said...

Well done on getting to your Italian class. It sounds really great. Enjoy the duets with Nicole. You sound really busy.

Unknown said...

The correct term for "blog entry" is "post" or "posting". Thus: "I will address that further in my next post".

faith said...

Yay!! Have fun with the GPS. We'll be tracking that coin's progress. I got Mel a Crikey Geocoin for his birthday (see our profile for details) - you never know, it may end up in Oz!