Friday, October 12, 2007

Back at Parkes


Back at Parkes again. I think that I'm going to take a couple of days off next week. Last night was wonderful - I went to an Italian restaurant with Kate + family - but staggered back rather late. I got to sleep about 11pm, but had to wake again at 5am to go to Parkes. The work at Parkes, this afternoon, was as crazy as ever. We were trying to send a very well-defined signal through the processing chain to try and understand the time delays in the system. We succeeded to some extent. Anyway, I'm off to bed now ( 8:45pm), but have to wake again at 3am.

The sign on my door that used to say "George Hobbs + wife" has now been modified (rather poorly) to say just "George Hobbs". Oh well.

I've also got a busy week ahead. Maybe I'll have to take a day or two off the week after.

No comments: