Sunday, October 14, 2007

England won the rugby

Another early day. Woke at 3am, headed up to the control room, helped J.J. for a while and then watched the France-England rugby match. I'm now trying to get obtain the best quality J1939+2134 arrival time file. This is not simple, I plan to 1) use analytic templates, 2) DM correct the data and 3) properly calibrate the observations. Dick has already phoned my up (7am on a Sunday) to ask to me produce him a few plots! I'm also trying to test the calibration signals here at Parkes.

Joris will come to the ATNF next week. We have a crazy plan of trying to finish a paper within his two week trip. So much for my day off! I'm chatting to J. on the phone now so I'd better sign off ....

2 comments:

faith said...

General gloom and despondency over here about that rugby, as you can imagine!

Miri said...

Hope that your work went well at Parkes. Get some sleep now and take a few days off work. Thinking of you. Don't drink too much wine.