Thursday, November 8, 2007

I never thought ...

... that I'd be playing guitar and violin duets! Again Nicole came around tonight and we got through heaps of different music (including Beethoven's 5th for piano duet and the slow movement of the Elgar 'cello concerto). We finished off by score reading the Schumann 'cello concerto. Nicole, David and I are taking a sailing course in 2 weeks and there is even a possibility that I may be doing some tango dancing (don't laugh!)

I had heaps of meetings at work today. It looks like Rick and I will have to go down to Canberra to meet some important politicians to talk about my project to get high school students to use the Parkes telescope. We also had a meeting with members of the ICT centre who are heavily involved in developing virtual spaces where people can interact etc. (Their main project at the moment is to have robots in iron-ore mines, but the controllers feel as if they are in the mine). They are interested in how their work can be used to give the students a feel that they are actually at the telescope!

2 comments:

faith said...

No, I'm not laughing (well not much anyway) .... that's the last two items on the "to-do" list you left us with - well done!
Don't forget the rose, to hold between your teeth, for the tango dancing. Probably best to leave it behind when you go sailing, though.

Miri said...

Well done !! That is fantastic. You have always wanted to do sailing and I never did. Well done on your guitar playing. You play so many instruments now. Are you going to sail around the world ?