Monday, November 5, 2007

Huntsman and rabbits

Sarah doesn't like my pet huntsman spider that is currently living in the spare room. It's about as big as my hand and lives in the top corner of the room. It looks rather impressive! It came wandering into my room this morning and works much better than an alarm clock. At 5am I found myself leaping into the air trying to extract the spider from my hair. This was just as well as I had to finish my talk for the "Science at Parkes" meeting this morning. The talk went well although it turned out to be rather controversial - one pulsar astronomer said that he disagreed with almost everything I said!

Another Italian lesson this evening: We learnt something about a rabbit being -- in/ on/around/ behind/ in front of/ next to -- a box.

1 comment:

Miri said...

Cannot believe you have a pet huntsman ! I would be scared and I would scream if it woke me up in the morning. You are very brave ! Well done on your science at Parkes meeting.