Monday, November 12, 2007

Friday the 17th ...


I've just learnt that Friday the 17th is an unlucky day in Italy (whereas the number 13 is considered very lucky)! As you may have guessed, I've just returned from my 5th Italian lesson. It doesn't seem to get much easier. Mi chiamo George, sono inglesi.

I had an incredibly busy weekend. On Saturday evening a group of us went out to Eastwood for a few drinks, a Korean BBQ, followed by some burgers and chips (as a few members of the party - i.e. Rick and Jonathan - were very greedy, and/or burnt all of their food at the BBQ). I discovered on Sunday morning that Jo (an English student doing her PhD in Japan and who can cook a mean Korean BBQ) was excellent on the recorder. So we spent the morning playing recorder duets. Nicole then came around with a HUGE CAKE! It was (and still is) enormous (see photo)!!!!! We played heaps of music again. Later in the afternoon Jonathan and I went out to play some squash (which I lost badly because I had eaten much too much cake).

Tomorrow Nicole, Kate and Maureen are coming around to play some piano quartets.

1 comment:

Miri said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of the cake with me. It is fantastic. I like the george and picture of the dish.