Monday, August 31, 2009

Manly and Watson's Bay


Another great weekend!! On Saturday Sha and I had a trip to Manly. In the morning it was raining a little, but it cleared up by the time we took the ferry and then the views from Manly were spectacular. We had fish 'n' chips on the beach (with the sea gulls) and then walked around to Shelly Beach and up onto the cliff edges. In the evening we met up with David, Jo, Mike, Vikram, Anna, Jonathan and Kate for a BBQ at my house. That was fun! Everything had been done. In fact, by the time Sha and I turned up, the food had been cooked and so we just sat down and ate it. We then played Mah Jong. Not surprisingly Sha and Jonathan could beat us all rather easily.

Yesterday was David's last day in Sydney (he flew off to his new job in Germany today) and so David, Jo, Vikram, Sha and I had another day on the harbour. The weather was perfect. We went to Watson's Bay, had fish and chips (again) and then walked up the cliffs! Beautiful. Very beautiful. (Except for the nudist beach that Sha and Jo seemed to find very interesting) Vikram found a crazy way down the cliffs to the rock pools at the base and so we all clambered down and, err ... I got rather wet .... Finally, Sha and I had lots of dumplings together in Ashfield. Then I went home.

(The photos on this page were taken by Sha or using her camera - my camera still needs recharging from China!)

2 comments:

Amor said...

haha~ first comment!! we really had a nice weekend, thx for all good friends, it has been the best weekend since I came here:)

Amor said...

haha~ first comment!! we really had a nice weekend, thx for all good friends, it has been the best weekend since I came here:)