Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's the point of a blog?

Feeling rather strange again today. Keeping this blog seems really strange. I cannot write down the most important things because a blog is so public and yet I have no interest in keeping the equivalent of a locked diary. I'm being slowly swamped by forms at the moment. Even though I got through a lot today, I still seem to be getting behind.

Work is great, but again is just building up. I'm proud to have been chosen to write an important document that could affect the future science that is carried out at Parkes. However, this needs to be done properly and I discovered twice today that I couldn't even remember my telephone number! On a positive note, I discovered that my Hirsch factor for paper citations has gone up today to 18 with my top paper now having more than 162 citations (this is the paper that Maryam is also on). I'm slowly managing to relax - this evening I had an enjoyable coffee with Kate at the new coffee shop near my house, enjoyed a pie and chips and now am back at work to tidy up a few loose ends.

Jonathan, his sister, Christine and I are planning to spend a weekend driving around - hopefully we'll get to Parkes, a fossil museum that I'd love to see and spend some time at the Jenolean Caves.

1 comment:

Alison Hobbs said...

Keep going and please keep blogging as much as you can. I think it's a good discipline anyway.

Don't worry. Those of us that know you can read between the lines, so you don't have to be specific about everything.

Faith wants to know if you've read "The Cloister and the Hearth" by Charles Reade.