Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm panicking

I'm getting rather stressed. My Australia VISA expires next month and I don't yet have a replacement. The replacement permanent residency visa is complicated because I'm still married, ... Gosh this is complicated ... I hate forms.

I'm also trying to do a million different projects all at once. On a positive note, I sent around another (final?) draft of my paper today. Also, I've been invited to speak at both the student conference in Freemantle and the large Australian Society of Astronomy conference in Perth in July. I'm booking a train ticket back to Sydney on the Indian-Pacific train (with sleeper cabin!).

In reply to Peter's comment on my previous blog: yes, registax is not available for the Mac :( However, here is another image of the LMC and the Galaxy above that Jonathan and I took at Parkes. I'm going to Parkes again on Saturday to give a talk at the teacher workshop (flying in and driving out). I also am meant to fly down to somewhere called Wahdonga (or something similar) to give another talk in a month or two.

1 comment:

Alison Hobbs said...

How long does a permanent residency application take to process once you send it in? In Canada it took over a year! I hope you're not going to get deported.