Friday, May 16, 2008

Ups and downs

I was tired this morning. However, I did manage to get up and take a ridiculously long bus ride to Parramatta to have my medical and X-ray for my Australian Visa. After fuelling up on a huge cooked breakfast I went in for the fastest medical ever ... walk through door ... "take all your clothes off" ... "stand on one leg with your eyes shut" ... needle jabbed into arm for an HIV test ... X-ray taken ... all done.

Admittedly when the doctor said things like "take all your clothes off and stand in the corner on one leg with your eyes shut", I did stand in the corner worrying about whether I had misheard the request.

Anyway, I then returned via the post-office where my divorce stuff had been returned because both M. and I had not written our names on the form exactly as they were on the marriage certificate ... **** (insert swear word). Now I need to get more forms signed in front of solicitors by both M. and myself (insert another few swear words for good measure) before the procedure will continue.

Samantha and I (+ whoever will join us) are going to jump out of a plane (hopefully with a parachute attached) on Thursday 5th of June.

1 comment:

Alison Hobbs said...

This is terrible news about the forms. Cruel. And I wish you hadn't told me about the parachute jump.

Oh well, at least you got your medical test out of the way.