Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another wonderful holiday

Jonathan, Tiffany, Christine and I have just completed another wonderful holiday (although, I guess, Christine's holiday hasn't quite finished as she'll be on a bus to Canberra at the moment). I'll write more later, but this is a quick summary. Jonathan, Tiffany and I drove down to Canberra after work on Friday. We stayed in the University House in Canberra (Canberra is so, so cold!). On Saturday morning we met up with Christine and then drove through some wonderful country to Canowindra (which has a stunning museum - more later) and onwards to Parkes. We looked around "The Dish" before returning to the town of Parkes and spending the evening with John S. (looking at Saturn, Jupiter and the moon through his telescope). This morning we set off back towards Sydney and stopped at the dramatic Borenore caves. A few photos are attached - more to come.

2 comments:

beau_tif_ul said...

Wow- that photo of me in the caves is actually really awkwardly awful! I think I'll definitely have to use my camera next time we go walking or do something outdoors, and take a funny photo of you. ;)

George Hobbs said...

There's a huge advantage in having the camera!! Anyway, you look incredibly adventurous - I should write somewhere that you were the bravest (or craziest) of all of us!