Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dubbo zoo

Another strange, but generally enjoyable day! To celebrate getting some good work done yesterday we decided to go to Dubbo zoo. The last time I was there was one of the last trips that I had with M. and therefore the whole experience was rather upsetting. Oh well! The zoo was as stunning as I'd remembered. The Fairy Wren in the photo was just flying around, but looked as beautiful as the rest of the animals and birds.

I am now an expert on the mating habits of the Giant Galapagas tortoise! They make a lot of noise. (By the way for any readers of my blog who happen to live in Wales then take a look at this web site!)

The drive from Parkes was also fun (about 100km in each direction).

Tonight, Rutger and I have been updating the tempo2 software package to make it implement a Bayesian fitting algorithm. We've almost got it working. Tomorrow we're on the long shift until 4am!



2 comments:

Luca said...

:-))

Anonymous said...

This is nothing. We have lions roaming the plains of Quebec: see http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/city/story.html?id=8aa342fd-ea8c-48af-8e23-c83b91832dd1&k=17045