Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rambling on ...

It's been about a week since my last blog entry and this one is just going to be a ramble. I've had an odd, but basically fun week. Yesterday, the Beecroft orchestra was again superb - I was lucky enough to lead the 'cellos in Stauss' Four Last Songs with Mal conducting. The TOPS orchestra rehearsal also went well on Sunday. What else? I've also been back in touch with Ganga from University who was in a bit of a shock as a student had been dead in his room without being found for 4-5 weeks!

I've also been organising with Christine our trip to Alice Springs and the surroundings. We'll probably be spending much of the time camping (probably Joris + a friend of Christine's will also come along) and hiking in the gorges near Uluru.

Work has been busy. I've been on the selection panel for a new indefinite research position at the ATNF. This has been incredible. It was the job that I thought that I'd been applying for and now I'm actually helping to select! The applications are all superb and I know most of them. I have no idea how I'd have competed against them.

I was going to write heaps more, but I've drunk a few too many beers whilst attempting to learn the guitar and am feeling ready to fall asleep. Tomorrow, "Cat" (my new violist friend), Maureen and Nicole are coming around to play some music. I'm also hoping to go for a meal with Nedia later in the week. I love getting emails from her ... my inbox always reports an email from "³¹ ¹ÅÁ¨" and then the emails always say things like "do you have a good time when you all have dinner with your friends?" which makes you think a little before replying!

1 comment:

Alison Hobbs said...

I hope you also have a good violinist for the third of the four Last Songs! We're appreciating your news, George. Keep rambling on.