Monday, February 18, 2008

How things change

What a change. A few hours ago, I was feeling very down and upset. I'd been like that for a couple of days. I was going to write this blog complaining about everything. But! I've just been to the Beecroft orchestra. I was dreading going. Yesterday, I went to play with TOPS (The Occasional Performing Sinfonia) and although the music was fun (Bernstein - Candide, Copland - Rodeo, Britten - Young Person's Guide to the Orchetra, Wolfe - Sydney sketches and Belioz's Hungarian March), I was feeling tense throughout the rehearsal. Lots of people wanted to know where M. was and I learnt that a few of my good friends in TOPS have become extremely ill. In the evening, Jessica, Daniel and I went out to eat lots of sushi. Today, work was okay, but I didn't seem to get much done. I wasn't looking forward to going to the Beecroft orchestra, but Rod came around to pick me up. The orchestra was great! I led the 'cellos, the sound was good and Mr Yum played a superb (and virtuostic) violin concerto (by a composer with a long sounding Russian name). I met a whole heap of new people and my old friends all seemed to know about M. and so I didn't need to explain everything in lots of detail. I had a lift back home from a lady who got divorced about 10 years ago. She agreed with me that the strangest thing about splitting up is that for the people involved divorce is huge, life changing and you cannot stop thinking about it, but to everyone else life just goes on as normal (not sure where all my commas should have gone in that last sentence, but you get the idea)!

Oh yes! Another thing to look forward to. I'm going with Christine to Alice Springs in April! She said that she wanted to see the "outback"! I made the mistake of buying a map of the Northern territory. It was a mistake because it cost $5 and there is one road going North/South and another one going East/West. It will be hard to get lost!

1 comment:

faith said...

... unless you should happen to venture OFF the roads, of course - then VERY easy to get lost!!!