Sunday, February 3, 2008

A kangaroo stir-fry

Another nice day (although rather wet). The weather stopped Christine and I going snorkelling and so we went around the Australia Museum instead. The exhibition on the Aboriginal people again rather shocked/upset me. Anyway we enjoyed listening to a guy play his didgeridoo and telling stories. We went went for a rather long hike around Epping. Amazingly the path through the Lane Cove National park was flooded and therefore we couldn't do the walk I had planned. I've never seen so much water! However, we saw heaps of bird and plant-life.

In the evening, Christine cooked us a sweet-and-sour kangaroo stir-fry (see photo) which we ate whilst watching "Amelie"! The other photos on this blog are from the wonderful walk yesterday.

Christine and I are planning to go tango dancing tomorrow with our friends from yesterday's hike. I'm rather nervous about this - I'm going to be laughed at! On Tuesday, we intend to have a BBQ (I might try and convince Christine that we should try emu and crocodile on the BBQ, but she isn't convinced yet). On Wednesday, we're going to have a meal in the city at night. Unfortunately, she leaves for Brisbane on Thursday.

Before I forget, we saw two amazing things in the last few days. First, when Christine and I were on the Manly ferry we saw a huge submarine heading out to sea! It was impressive! Secondly, when we were waiting in the Blue Mountains we saw the Indian Pacific train head past. Even now, that train will still be heading west towards the Indian Ocean!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The weather stopped Christine and me..." rather than "The weather stopped Christine and I...". Perhaps instead of tango dancing it would be good to spend a few hours with a grammar book studying the difference between the accusative and nominative. More stressful but less energetic perhaps.

faith said...

Hmm, I WONDER who "anonymous" could possibly be????!!!

Don't think we need many guesses!

George Hobbs said...

I'm quite glad about this! I did have a reputation of someone who would prefer to stay in reading a grammar book instead of tango dancing. Anyway, it was not a class for complete beginners and so we went ice skating instead! Christine was better than the rest of us!