Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The end of 2007

I'm glad that 2007 has ended. It's been an interesting (and educational) year. During the year, I was lucky enough to travel to Western Australia (to work with the Indigenous population), to Thailand (where I met a baby elephant), Kuala Lumpur (an Amazing city), took the train across Malaysia to Singapore (with Joris), various towns and cities on Canada (including Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver), Shanghai and Huangshang in China (where I travelled on the World's fastest train and hiked on the Yellow Mountain) and travelled through England and Wales. I've also started to learn Italian and how to sail. The sailing was wonderful. I met a whole heap of new people including my good friends Jonathan, Nicole, David etc. etc. Played heaps of music and got an indefinite research position at the ATNF - my dream job!

It sounds amazing, but I'm still rather down. M. went for a "holiday" to England and never returned. I certainly don't blame her at all, but it was a difficult new year. Yesterday in Maniwaki, when all the couples toasted each other with the "Ice Wine" and I really felt that M. was missing. Oh well, I beat Jonathan four times at table football! Also, I've just been lounging around in an outdoor "hot tub" with the snow falling on my head!

2 comments:

Miri said...

Hope you are feeling OK now.

Frank and Sue said...

Hi George ,
Frank here , just stumbled onto your blog via a hiking alert on Google.
I have "wasted" a couple of hours reading through your entries and found it quite fascinating. From your first entry where you were confused about what a blog is, up till now. All fascinating, all very interesting.

Mate,
can't resist offering a word of advice from an old fart. You seem to have a wonderful, full, exciting and diverse life. You are making the most of every opportuunity and having some fantastic experiences. It is well time to let M go and get on with your life!! Enjoy life in Oz, you sound like a great addition to the place....