Sunday, January 27, 2008

Australia day and ballet dancers

This morning I was "flat out like a lizard drinking" after spending yesterday evening in the city. Of course, yesterday was "Strayla Day". This meant walking around Sydney on a perfect summer day watching almost everybody draped in an Australian flag and generally looking very cheerful. In the evening, I went to a my boss' house (next to the harbour) to watch the fireworks.

I had a ballet dancer around tonight! We listened and played quite a lot of music and her responses were incredibly interesting. She seems to be always picturing "movement" whilst listening to a piece. I played a few cello pieces (with Vikram playing the piano part), before we went through a rather large selection of my CDs. The most interesting comment she made was that there was no "movement" during the ending of Don Giovanni (I put on the part from where the statue turns up)! Unfortunately, I don't have a great version of Don Giovanni on DVD and so we could only hear the music.

Anyway, I'm having about 20 people around tomorrow for a BBQ.

No comments: