Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Students controlling the telescope!

The first PULSE@Parkes observation run was successful. This is a project run by Rob and myself to get secondary school students to observe using the Parkes telescope. The students undertake the observations remotely from Sydney! The day seemed to go extremely well although it was, apparently, rather hectic down in Sydney. We intend to put a press release out about this project in the next day or so!

I return to Sydney tomorrow (actually today, but I haven't slept yet). We're leaving a little early to try and get back before midnight. I then have to give my talk as the "astrofest" early Thursday morning.

2 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

The students seem to be genuinely interested, enjoying themselves. This project is great. How did your astrofest talk go?

Miri said...

Well done on helping the students. Really proud of you. It is a great project. Hope your astrofest talk went well.