Saturday, December 1, 2007

A lot has happened!

David and I went on an amazing sailing course. We sailed a "Hunter 33" (see photo on left from the course website). Wonderful! We put up the sails under the harbour bridge, sailed past the opera house, dodged the Manly ferry (which does not give way to any other boats), had lunch moored in Watson's bay, headed out to the "heads" and then back around. We were in a group of 7 students and a great instructor. We all had a go at steering, moving the ropes and hanging on to stop falling out as we were generally at some incredibly steep angle!

Both David and I are planning to do this again!

I've also had some very enjoyable music nights and work has been as crazy as ever. I am currently supervising two summer students who are extremely good. Hopefully we'll get a few papers out.

I bought a suit!

I'm now at Parkes and will be on the late-night observing shift.

2 comments:

Miri said...

A beautiful photo!! Well done on the sailing. I know you have always wanted to do this. What a fantastic experience. When are you sailing round the world?

Elpus said...

I got my first taste of sailing on a Nicholson 35 (a real classic) way back in 1973! An exhilarating experience that I've never forgotten. Don't let it go like I did - keep it up!