Monday, August 11, 2008

A very varied trip to Parkes

What a dramatic trip to Parkes! All the photos in this blog entry were taken within a few hours of each other. We had some stunning views of the Blue Mountains, but then the weather got bad! The main highway West was closed in the morning (although we did manage to keep going). Apparently Parkes has just had its coldest day in 45 years! I've just gone to turn my heater on.

Oh, I had a wonderful evening last night as well. I spent most of the day trying to clean out my fridge (not so exciting, but rather time consuming), but spent the evening playing music with Maureen, Kate and Alice. It was wonderful. We worked our way through the Dvorak, Brahms and Mozart piano quartets and also attempted a Brahms trio, plus a whole heap of solos and duets.





No comments: