Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hiking, music and films








Apart from collapsing with the flu, I've managed to have some great fun in the last few days. Yesterday, Alice, Xiaopeng and I went hiking in the local area. We headed off South on the Great North Walk (see photos). It was a perfect day - blue skies, not too hot, lots of parrots flying around ... We ended up at the Lane Cove Weir. I've just found a nice website on the Lane Cove Park containing a list of wildlife that has been recently spotted. This includes 4 wallabies, 2 powerful owls, Long Neck Tortoises, echidnas, baby lace monitors, brush turkeys, bandicoots, Boobook Owl and 2 red belly black snakes. Actually, here is an even better link about the Lane Cove National Park. On our trip we managed to spot some brush (or "bush") turkeys, heaps of birds and lots of little lizards.

After our hike we ended up eating icecreams and buying food at the Macquarie centre before I went off to tidy up my house (but actually fell asleep on the sofa). In the evening, Alice, Xiaopeng, Nicole, Kate (and later Jonathan and Tiffany) came around to have a meal and play music. Stunning!

Today my plan was to go to the boat show in Darling Harbour, but I didn't wake up in time. Whoops.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Loved seeing these pictures, George. We walked to Lane Cove, too. Saw Fairy Wrens and the first lizaed of the Spring.
Mel

George Hobbs said...

... and you spotted an echidna in the Lane Cove. I'm still very jealous!!