Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The train to Moscow

Breakfast near the Gare Du Nord
I only popped out to have a brochette de poulet.  It was huge and so I decided to head around to the Gare de l'est in order to walk it off.  The train from Moscow was about to arrive.  I'm so tempted to ignore the rest of the conference and go and buy a ticket to get on it.  It only takes 1.5 days. It seems to cost about USD600.  hmmm.

I shouldn't complain.  Paris is great. Caterina came up from Italy yesterday to work on her project.  We worked in a large number of cafes before ending up at the Paris observatory to register for the conference.  In the evening we met up with Patrick and walked up to the Sacre Coeur and enjoyed a wonderful dinner.  The Eiffel tower was very sparkly.

I'm finding everyone in Paris to be very friendly.  Every shop-keeper, the ticket man on the train, various people walking past, have been friendly.  They all seem also to want to try out their English.

My talk is tomorrow :(



I'm next to a market

Working very hard!

Le Verrier

Working even harder


4 comments:

George Hobbs said...

Trying to leave a comment

Anonymous said...

Trying to leave another comment as anonymous

Anonymous said...

I want be there!

Alison Hobbs said...

"We'll always have Paris!"