Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Booroola gene gives big fertility boost

Perth airport
Flying out from Perth
Whoops ... I haven't written in this blog since arriving in Krabi.  That seems a long time ago. I'm going to try and keep this blog updated throughout my journey to Western Australia, France, Germany, England and Wales.  I'm now in Geraldton reading a magazine called "Prime Lamb".  Apparently someone is trying to encourage ewes to take up cycling.  I think that I'm missing some of the terminology, but it is enjoyable reading.  Apparently if you have your cycling ewes then "we have that ideal ewe, then we will decide on what terminal sire to put over her so we can keep that hybrid vigour", he said.

The flight to Perth from Sydney was great.  I finally got some work done and started to reduce the number of emails in my inbox.  Then, Rob and I spend a couple of hours in Perth airport watching the rain and rainbows before a lovely flight in a dash 8 to Geraldton along the coast line.

"Suffolk sheep are set to make an impact on the burgeoning sheep industry in China"

This evening we met up with Shaun who took us to a great Indian restaurant.  I'm now back in my hotel and the bar is closed.  In fact, everything in Geraldton is now closed.  I assume that everyone is back at home reading their copy of "Prime Lamb".
sunset over the Indian ocean on final approach into Geraldton



Getting close to Geraldton


At least you know that the wheels are down on a dash 8!



No comments: