Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Concert





I did it!! Got through the Carnival of the Animals on piano on 'cello. It's all Maureen's fault. She came around demanding that I play piano 2 with her and the Beecroft orchestra. The piano part is totally impossible. She ended up in hospital for a few days because of the first part. I was also asked to play The Swan. That has high notes. Anyway, amazingly ... it went well! I hacked my way through the piano music and got lots of nice comments about the Swan ... such as "I never knew Saint Saens wrote that ... I thought Tchaikovsky did". Sha, Chen Ding, Jessica, Bob and Dominic all turned up!

The concert also included a marimba concerto that was superb! We also played Walton's Facade with David Ellyard as a narrator. I've just discovered his rather interesting webpage!

Maureen, Sha and I went out afterwards for a beer.

Great fun.

2 comments:

Amor said...

If anyone wanna praise the photos, pls praise Sha, Thx :P I dare not use the light in the concert, Jiao zi said it was too distractible, hehe~

Alison Hobbs said...

Precious photos, Sha! Well captured.

Good old George. Well played! I see it was a black swan, very apt for Australia. (You look good in that black shirt.)