Monday, March 15, 2010

Shandong Accent


I'm being teased for having a strong "Shandong accent". Apart from the teasing I had a great weekend. On Friday, I met up with Sha and Joanna in China town to go to a market that I didn't know existed. It was great. We started off eating chicken bones which were chicken bones. Then we had the most amazing fish with some part of a pig. Wonderful!!

On Saturday, Sha, Ding, Yu Meng and I went to Manly. We did the standard trip of taking the boat from Meadowbank (only Sha and I were brave enough the stand outside in the wind and watch the Qantas A380 fly overhead - we'll be on it very soon!) to Circular Quay and then taking the Manly ferry. We paddled in the water, had a huge fish and chips lunch, watched a Scottish/Aussie wedding and then walked up the cliffs. Wonderful (apart from the sun burn)! Sha found another large lizard. Sha ate spinach noodles for dinner.

On Sunday, I rehearsed for a concert that will take place tomorrow. We're playing the Mozart Clarinet Quintet with an old man who's always dreamed of playing it for his 70th birthday! I hope that it goes well ... he plays really well when he doesn't get nervous. I'm nervous for tonight. I'm going back to the Beecroft orchestra to play the piano part in the carnival of the animals (+ the solo cello part in the swan). Arghhh .... I haven't practiced enough.

Work is going very well!! We have another pulse@parkes run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amor said...

Mei you deng~ hahaha, shandong accent~~~~~~:P