Friday, April 2, 2010

Food

A food blog entry!! And ... Mel, you'll even get a recipe!!

Please remind me never to try Durian icecream again. I had a mixed day with food today. Sha started off by cooking another amazing fish dish. However, we then walked to Eastwood where I drank the most horrible drink which seemed to be water and salt and then tried to wash it down with the durian ice cream (10 hours later I can still taste it!).

Oh well ... Sha's taking over from me now ...

we began with buying some cutted fish slices and the secret thing ( a bit tricky), was that sauce package you can see from the picture. we cutted the fishes into pieces and boiled oil, put the one packet of special vegetable in, fried until when it smells good, the added 1000ml hotwater in ( very important, not cold water, otherwise the fishes will go smelly), then put another small packet of secret sauce in, then.......done! :P

Jiao zi again: Sha's cooking was amazing as always. I had a good cooking day recently when I succeeded in cooking a "Chinese dish". I thought that is was great. Sha had a slightly different opinion and told me that it wasn't Chinese.


We also had a flower tea. I want to know how they work!

We're off to Singapore, England, Spain, France, England and Wales soon. Oh dear! I haven't done enough organising for our trip yet.










2 comments:

Mel said...

This looks delicious. Is it 酸菜鱼?
Whatever, please will you come and cook a meal at our house when you're staying in Wales.

George Hobbs said...

haha~ of course, I will cook this kind of fish when we meet, by the way, your chinese is better than jiao zi :P

Sha