Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"B is for Browns Waterhole"

Maybe we should have picked "B is for Bondi". It certainly would have been more traditional and I still have never been to Bondi. Instead we decided to venture into the bush. Browns Waterhole has been annoying me for ages. I found a second hand book in Crows Nest once that told the history of Browns Waterhole and the local area. I didn't buy the book and now can't find any information about where I live. Searching the web doesn't help much although I did discover that "Near Browns Waterhole, at the western edge of the park, is a carved track of wallaby imprints". Sha and I should head back and try and find it! I also discovered that in the 1940's "While parents were forever busy, life was great for children; the bush was their playground, there was fruit to steal, rabbits to trap and Brown's waterhole for a cool dip". It's a bit polluted now and so I doubt that many people still use it for a cool dip.

Anyway, the walk was great.

We ambled past Browns Waterhole and around the Step Track that leads up to a great cliff that overlooks the Lane Cove National Park.

Oh ... I have to have a rant. My parents bought me a great new "Spot" that is meant to keep me safe. It allows me to press a button which automatically emails me where I am. Except that it doesn't. We pressed the button heaps of times during our walk and I didn't receive any emails. Maybe I need to read the manual again!

No comments: