Sunday, April 27, 2008

Back in Sydney

This was the route that Rutger and I took to the Epping shops. We were rather wet by the end of the walk! On Friday evening we cooked a stunning (and huge) Italian meal that was basically pasta in a brie and cream sauce! We then spent the evening watching the Pink Panther and listening to music.

Yesterday morning I met up with Kate in Eastwood to buy lots of Chinese food for the great feast that we're planning tonight. In the afternoon, Kate and I attended Jessica and Bob's birthday party at Bronte beach. Unfortunately the surf was much too high to allow swimming, but the huge waves crashing into the rocks looked spectacular. Later in the evening I walked to Jessica's house to continue to celebrations. It's a long walk!

I now have to tidy up my house before preparing the Chinese meal for tonight. I'm intending to attempt to cook a "Chengdu chicken" which involved fermented soybeans, crushed chilies and rice wine. I have completely trusted Kate's Chinese (which she and her family have been learning over the last few months) as the bottle that we think is rice wine doesn't have any English characters! I'll also attempt a Gai Lan/oyster sauce side dish. Kate is planning to make something impressive and difficult!

No comments: