Monday, March 10, 2008

Thank God for music

Again my blog entry changes because I've just been to an orchestra rehearsal. Even though everything seems to be going well, I've been rather down again recently - basically missing M. and wondering why nothing is working out. However, looking back on the last few days things haven't been too bad. I played in a wonderful concert with the TOPS orchestra yesterday (followed by a Mexican meal with Kate, Jessica and Kate's parents). Today work went well. Dick took me out for lunch to celebrate my birthday. However, I'm was basically fed up with everything - I came home (on my birthday) to eat a pie and drink a beer (not quite what I was really wanting) and forced myself to get up and go off to orchestra! Wow! We only rehearsed the Four Last Songs, but they are magnificent! The people at Beecroft are also amazing. The lady who gives me a lift, Moya, had baked me a cake and (after singing happy birthday) we all ate it during the tea break!

The PULSE@Parkes project managed to get on to the front page of the Australian Physics journal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Du holde Kunst, in wieviel grauen Stunden,
Wo mich des Lebens wilder Kreis umstrickt,
Hast du mein Herz zu warmer Lieb entzunden,
Hast mich in eine beßre Welt entrückt!

Oft hat ein Seufzer, deiner Harf' entflossen,
Ein süßer, heiliger Akkord von dir
Den Himmel beßrer Zeiten mir erschlossen,
Du holde Kunst, ich danke dir dafür!

I suppose "Harf" should be replaced by "'Cello" but it wouldn't scan.