Sunday, March 30, 2008

Down and up ...

Another exhausting week + weekend. Yesterday we performed for a wedding ceremony. Of course, we played Pachabel's canon and various other sloppy string quartet arrangements. I'm probably exaggerating, but it seemed one of the hardest things that I've put myself through. My heart rate must have been a little dangerous at some points and I almost broke my bow by gripping it too hard.

"... as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

hmmmm .....

"What God has joined together, let no man put asunder."

hmmmm .....

However, we played well (even some hymns that they suddenly dumped on us) and got a lot of congratulations afterwards. Later, we went down the pub.

Today was better. Joris arrived this morning and we got started on some work together. In the evening I went out for dinner with Natalie. We chatted about everything, came home and watched Monty Python, played the 'cello and guitar (I taught her the the basic jazz chord progression on the 'cello) and continued to chat about every topic possible (including snakes in the swimming pool). A great evening with a lovely person! I'm feeling really lively again now - ready for a busy day at work tomorrow.

No comments: