Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Easter Show

It's Easter. And so, after eating my chocolate Bilby that Sha gave me, we went to the Easter Show. The Easter Show is strange. The cats were getting prizes. I liked the big fat grey one and the one that ate its identification number.

The pumpkins were getting prizes. The chickens were getting lots of prizes. There were prizes for their shapes, eggs and carcasses.

The alpacas were getting prizes. One grunted at me. Apparently there are no alpacas in China.

The cakes were getting prizes. There were cakes in the shape of dogs, mice, trains, elephants and babies.

The dogs were asleep and, really, do look like their owners!

The pigs were very smelly.

Like the chickens, the people were also getting lots of prizes. By throwing a basketball through a hoop a few times I managed to win Sha a Super Mario Bros Character. After my initial win she was offered a mushroom, but demanded that I win her something better (which, with only a little cheating, I did).

We ate a lot! We started with a hot dog. Then a gozleme. Then a chicken leg, tuna sandwich, chicken kebab, chips, sea-food salad, fruit salad, icecream and everything being handed out for free.

and .... exciting news ... dad's coming to Paris!!! :)



4 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like you've had a great time. I'm sorry that my Chinese in the last post was only "cut and paste", but, here's some Welsh:

Pasg Hapus, a dymuniadau goreu am y taith yn fuan.

faith said...

WHAT on earth is a gozleme????
Glad you are having a happy time.
Safe journeying to you both and Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

One doesn't like to be pedantic but the extraneous apostrophe in "I liked the big fat grey one and the one that ate it's identification number." does stick out like a sore thumb, doesn't it?

George Hobbs said...

Dear Mr/Mrs Anonymous,

Thanks for your careful reading. The issue has now been rectified.

Cheers,
Jiaozi
P.s. The definition of pedantic in our Chinese dictionary is "Someone who wants to show people how knowledgeable he or she is"! :)