Saturday, November 1, 2008

Frog in trousers

I must learn not to dump my clothes on the floor when I'm at an observatory. First I had a mouse making a nest in my trousers at Parkes. This morning I had the shock of discovering a frog. Not knowing that the object moving around was reasonably inoffensive I removed my trousers extremely fast (luckily I hadn't left my bedroom!). The frog hopped off under the bed. There are also lots of geckos all over the walls and I jumped over a huge spider last night.

Observing is going well. We even made an image yesterday. There are splodges in it that may, or may not, be our source.

I'm looking forward to a few more relaxing days at Narrabri before flying back to Sydney and then almost immediately on to the UK.

2 comments:

Miri said...

I remember the time when I discovered a little mouse fast asleep in your trouser pocket. It was asleep and we both got a shock to see each other. Hope we can get to see the frogs at the Manchester museum!

Anonymous said...

Are you anywhere near Cambridgeshire while in the UK by any chance? If so, be sure to get in touch if you have time! :-)