Sunday, September 7, 2008

Totally crazy

Well .... those were two mistakes. Last night, I upset myself by watching the wonderful, but rather sad "Monsieur Verdoux" (a late Charlie Chaplin film) and tonight was rather silly and, instead of watching something funny, decided to watch the magnificent "The Painted Veil" whilst drinking some strong red wine that I'd bought in Albury (from a local winery). I saw "The Painted Veil" first on a flight to China and have never forgotten the wonderful scenery and story. Very emotional.

Talking about emotion - I'm not sure how to describe the excellent (and very modern) Don Giovanni that Anna and I went to see on Friday. Basically, the whole end sequence was done as a drug overdose with the "statue" a bright light at the back of the stage - that went rather psychedelic at one point. The singing was terrific - especially Donna Anna whose arias were outstanding.

To calm down, I'm going to watch a very silly YouTube video.

2 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

"... With colours idly spread – behind, lurk Fear
And Hope, twin Destinies; who ever weave
Their shadows, o’er the chasm, sightless and drear.
I knew one who had lifted it–he sought,
For his lost heart was tender, things to love ..."

faith said...

Excellent Lego Eddie Izzard clip, George!