Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A slight problem

Oh dear! I was organising the return of M's belongings that have been sitting in my garage for the last year. Yesterday (between writing lots of talks and going to orchestra and panicking about getting everything done), I discovered a rather sweet-looking possum asleep in one of the boxes. I'm guessing that M. doesn't particularly want the possum (and I'm not sure that it would enjoy the boat ride anyway), but I'm not sure how to remove it. Any advice?

4 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

Did you look in the other boxes in case there are other possums ...? Otherwise I'm not commenting, George, except to say that this seems to be turning into a zoology blog.

Anonymous said...

I expect that the laws relating to the importation of Possums into the UK are fairly complex. And, presumably, subservient to those relating to importing Possums into the EU. I suggest getting a lawyer involved to explain what is necessary.

It didn't have a book about cats with it, did it?

Anonymous said...

What about possum soup?

The fur makes nice a nice beanie too ;)

Miri said...

I don't mind if the possum comes. I have a pet goldfish called Fred and he is doing really well. He is 1 year old now. But will the possum try to eat my pet fish? Also, the possum won't like the climate here. What about a kookie, a joey or a koala?