Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A strange hotel and a strange hike

Hello from a hotel in Albury. I removed the big, black cat from my room before sleeping last night (although it was quite friendly). The hotel guide doesn't mention cats, but it does state that "each bed is fitted with an egg-shell for your comfort" ... "for the concideration [sic] of all - please keep the noise to a minimum prior to 8:30am (Children being dragged to cars in particular)". However, I get a poem for the new day:

"Don't allow your dreams to fade,
they are the key to your happiness.

Find that lost fire within,
the one that lit your way in
troubled times past."

Maybe I need to remember that before dealing with 45, year 3 students later today. I'm also going on a winery tour just before my evening talk tomorrow - that may not be the best idea!

Anyway, Tessa, Alice and I went hiking on Saturday from Berwowa. We intended to end up in Cowan, but I got us lost and we ended up hiking, and hiking, and hiking .... mainly up steep hills for hours on end. However, the scenery was absolutely stunning! And I saw a waratah!!! In the evening I cooked up kangaroo and chicken curries and, with Anna, we worked our way through lots of songs, violin pieces and cello music!

No comments: