Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trying to keep up

Good morning from Canberra. I was sitting on the flight yesterday from Melbourne thinking that travelling non-stop is fun! This week I've been to Hobart (where we arrived in the wind and rain with plenty of snow on the mountains), Melbourne (where we had a great Greek dinner), Canberra (where I'm staying on the 14th floor of a posh hotel - I just went to put something in the wardrobe and discovered that it was a second bathroom) and will be flying back to Sydney again tonight.

Next month seems just as crazy. I have about a week in Parkes, another week in Narrabri, 3 or 4 days in Albury and should fit in a week in Melbourne. I was meant to go to Puerto Rico and California, but there just doesn't seem to be enough days in the month. I'm jealous of Marta at the moment - she's about to go on a trip around Mongolia!

I've attached another movie of the train going through the Nullarbor. The movie in a previous post was just on the edge of the nullarbor - this movie is right in the middle!

2 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

Albury-Wodonga looks like an interesting place. More material there for your other blog?

Anonymous said...

the nothingness... Mongolia is almost as empty as this, but at the end of the plains there are mountains at least! :)