Monday, July 21, 2008

Always behind






I'm always behind with this blog. I've just had an exciting cross-wind landing in Hobart (with my ears about the explode because I have a cold). Hobart looks amazing (unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera and so I won't get any photos) ... lots of snow on the mountains and a beautiful looking harbour. I'll be working at the University tomorrow before getting on another flight to Melbourne. The day after I'll be travelling to Canberra and then back to Sydney. I'm certainly gaining lots of frequent flyer points!

The train ride across Australia seems ages ago. Since then I've seen Les Misérables which has made me want to read the book (anyone recommend it?) and watched lots of "young" Catholics amble about in Sydney. I have a new travel rule: never fly out from an airport on the same day that World Youth Day ends. It was very busy!

I thought that I'd just put up some more photos (and a movie- taken while I was still lying in bed) of my train trip ... I'm off to find some sea food now.

4 comments:

Claire :) said...

I recommend Mures. Lower Deck is noisy and fun, Upper Deck is expensive but really *really* good. Lots of people say Fish Frenzy, but it's very noisy, and I don't think it's as good.

Have you had Trevalla (Blue Eye) before? It's the best fish, but hard to come by (outside Tassie) I've found.

Hope your cold clears up, all the flying sounds like a nightmare!

Alison Hobbs said...

Thanks for the "movie" which gives us an idea of what it felt like to be on that train, but no idea, of course, of the passing hours and days. Did I ever tell you that one of my friends met her husband-to-be on that journey and that they rode on the train again for their honeymoon?

faith said...

I have heard people being somewhat snooty about Victor Hugo in general, but I enjoyed Les Miserables (the book). Go for it.

faith said...

Ah yes, that morning mist on the Nullarbor Plain (in your movie)- we got that too - magic!