Friday, June 25, 2010

Seeing the Du Gongs and an impossible challenge


I had a day off yesterday. I have another day off today. Yesterday, I woke up late and then headed into the city. I played around with the cockatoos in the botanical gardens and then spent much of the rest of the day staring at the dugongs in the aquarium. In the evening Sha and I met up for the largest Korean hotpot that I've ever seen. It seemed to be never-ending, but it was very good. We also ate rice balls.

I've also been given an impossible challenge by Sha ... to teach her to like and understand Classical Western music. Okay ... there's a good challenge. Any ideas? We started off with Cage's 4'33'' which I've only just realised was inspired by Buddhism. I've been listening a bit to some traditional Chinese music and can't understand it at all.

My final paper from my PhD work was published today in Science!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You only learn about music by playing it.