Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not very good at relaxing
























We were meant to be relaxing this weekend, but we don't seem very good at that. Instead we got up early and drove to Port Stephens and back. We went dolphin watching, saw heaps of dolphins and Sha was sick. errr ... I admit that the waves were rather large. Apart from the bottlenose dolphins, we spotted herons, a sea eagle and a few camels.

The reason that we wanted to relax was because I'd been in a conference in Kiama all last week. It was wonderful!! Kiama was great and the meeting was really inspirational. I've discovered that, on average, cows line up facing magnetic North or South and that people sleep better if their bed is oriented along this line. I also discovered what a superchron is.

Sha and I have been doing well at arriving by accident in various music festivals. I had convinced my boss that we needed a trip to Kiama the week before the conference for me to check out the hotel etc. It also just happened to be the Kiama jazz festival. Today, we hit Port Stephens during the Country Music festival. I can definitely say that I prefer the jazz. I also enjoyed Sha singing strange Chinese versions of Twinkle Twinkle little star and Beethoven's 9th symphony to me in the car today.
Yesterday Sha and I drove to the Featherdale wildlife park in Sydney. Neither of us had been there. It was great. We got to pat a tawny frogmouth on its head! Tomorrow is a holiday (apparently the Queen is having a birthday), but we plan to relax!

3 comments:

faith said...

i LIKE your way of relaxing, very much!!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of aquatic camels before. I assume that they're an Australian animal. Do they have pouches to carry their young?

Alison Hobbs said...

Wild water! (Poor Sha.) Evocative pictures! What is that tall grey bird with the yellow legs? And what IS a superchron?