Friday, June 6, 2008

Good day

Had a good, but tiring day today. First I got through the annual review of my work. Everybody seemed pleased with me, so that's okay! I also finished off all the forms for my permanent residency VISA, but got stuck at the end when the pharmacist (who I was using as a J.P. to certify my photocopies) was busy. I have to pick up the signed forms tomorrow and then it's all done.

I've just discovered that my pulsar/tempo2 website had 55612 hits during December 2007 and was the most popular ATNF website. That sounds extremely unlikely! TEMPO2 isn't __that__ exciting, although I've just had an email from someone wanting to use it for "quantum astronomy" where they are measuring the arrival times of pulses from the Crab pulsar to 100ps. That also sounds very unlikely!

I also have discovered that people from 27 different countries have looked at this blog with someone from Switzerland spending an average of 17 minutes on the site (that's better than Canada which only gives an average of 2 minutes)!

2 comments:

Alison Hobbs said...

Ah yes, but we look at your blog site every day whereas I bet your Swiss reader doesn't.

Claire :) said...

I dunno, if you're timing a pulsar (particularly crab) to ps then you probably are talking quantum - can we do it? can't we do it? can we know? if we make this measurement we'll collapse our timing-wave-function and then we'll either know if we can, or what the results are... hang on, do we even want this??