Saturday, May 11, 2013

Old MacDonald only has one duck

Unless Sha has forgotten the rest, it seems that Old MacDonald only has one duck in China.  It does make the song rather short.  The duck also doesn't say "quack".  Apparently the ya zi says "ja ja ja".  I ate a wonderful Thai roast duck last night.  I treated myself after driving back and forth to pick up Sha's mum.

Sha's mum and Sha seem to be finding Australian hospitals very strange.  In China, a lady must not touch anything cold for at least one month after giving birth.  The hospital gave Sha ice-cream for her first dinner.  They have also told her where to get ice.  In China the mother would basically stay in bed for up to a month after the birth.  Here they were getting Sha to walk around after a day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really shocked me! In China, we call one month rest after giving birth "yue zi", which means that we are not allowed to touch or drink cold water, doing house work, move around too much, washing hair..., what we do in that month is to rest a lot, feed the baby, eat good and warm food. But now, I had to have a little bit walk on the second day and also have a shower!! I was so tired and emotional on that day, everything seems wrong to me, but I was forced to do these under their inspecting! I felt so helpless, I even message my doctor who is a Chinese but lives here for a long time for a help when I was alone in the bathroom, but now I am survived!