Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some thoughts about China















When we had our trip to ShiJiaZhuang I was in a bit of a bad mood. The train journey was meant to be impressive, but we had a rather awful view of a road and lots of small towns that all merged together. Strangely enough, we sat facing the other direction on the way back and the view was spectacular!! Anyway, on arrival in ShiJiaZhuang we visited Sha's relatives who cooked some amazing food and Sha got bitten by the dog. Then we met Sha's wonderful friend, Lei, and her husband. They took us to our hotel which had advanced safety systems in case of fire:

"Declaration"

"Please don't worry if a fire is occurring our hotel have owned advaned scattering facilities to ensure you transmiited safely

Please follow the direction route to the information corridor and there safeguards will take you out to the security belts.

The point profess your excellency seat"

So that was okay! I felt very safe. In order to be even more relaxed I could have tried the Deer Penis liqour (the "Magical Deer Pizzle Liquor") or many of the items to help my "marital sex life" (not allowed for any other purpose). Anyway, instead we went out because Sha wanted to go shopping. I didn't want to go shopping and so I walked around the park instead. It was amazing!! Men were flying kites and playing with large spinning tops (that they kept hitting with a large whip). I also watched some tai chi which was wonderful. Then I went for a walk on the ice in the lake.

We went to karaoke. That was embarrassing. Sha and her friend sang very well. I didn't. We also went to visit Sha's university and she showed me where she used to live and study.

No comments: