Thursday, January 7, 2010

Windparked at Parkes





Being windparked at Parkes at 11:30pm is not so fun. However, it does mean that I can get a bit of work done (and finally update my blog). Sha, Yu Meng and I drove here a few days ago (stopping for a while in the Blue Mountains and to have lunch in Bathurst). It's Sha's first time at Parkes and she seems to be enjoying herself - she's got through the safety induction and also listened in on the observer training. The photos on this blog entry were taken by Sha (I haven't downloaded the photos from my camera yet).

Sha and Yu Meng have been helping me with my Chinese. I've written a story!! It's very exciting.

一个大袋鼠住在澳大利亚
袋鼠叫包子
今天包子在田野里吃草
包子有一个朋友叫莎
莎是一个白色小兔兔

which translates to: A large kangaroo lives in Australia. The kangaroo is called Bao zi. Today Bao zi is eating grass in a field. Bao zi has a friend called Sha. Sha is a white, small rabbit.


There you go!! What an exciting story.


Sha and I also just watched "The Dish" whilst sitting in "The Dish". Now I need another tea.



3 comments:

Joris said...

Of course, the story could also go like this (courtesy of Google translate):

"A wallaroo live in Australia
Kangaroo is called steamed buns
Grazing in the fields today, steamed stuffed bun
Buns have a friend called Sha
Lufthansa is a small white Tutu"

And if I wasn't confused yet, now I totally am.

Amor said...

So proud of jiao zi can write story in chinese, we have an ambitious plan about this :P I am in Parkes now, I love here, it was amazing when I sit in the control room to watched "The dish"!!

George Hobbs said...

hmmm .... I have no idea where "Lufthansa" came from!! Otherwise I think the translation is very good.