Monday, October 12, 2009

Back a few days

So much to write about! Sha's parents have been in Australia for a week and we've been showing them around. Last Sunday, we picked them up from the airport, took a taxi to Ashfield and then went into the city. We did the standard touristy things - went around to look at the opera house, walked through the botanical gardens (as wonderful as ever), went around Mrs Macquarie's chair, headed up to the art gallery, through the cathedral, Hyde Park, stopped for tea in the Queen Victoria Building and then kept walking (they have a lot of energy) to Darling Harbour. Sha and I treated them to a big steak meal (kangaroo for Sha's dad) and then we headed back through China town (BTW ... that was all the first day!).

The day before was also fun. First Stefan and his girlfriend turned up. They were meant to be in Chile, but missed their flight at Sydney and so stayed with me instead. On Saturday, Nicole and Vernon got married!! I played my 'cello and then stayed for the lunch.

More later about Watson's Bay and our fun drive this weekend. Today went well at work. I submitted two papers!

I'm shattered.

No comments: